This is Part 2 of the Local Hearted Podcast interview with Asheville social media expert Dawn Chitwood. If you are running a business page on Facebook and find that your posts are not reaching many of the people who have liked your page, this episode is for you.
Dawn Chitwood is the Marketing Director for Bravado Creative, a full-service digital marketing company located in the Flat Iron Building of downtown Asheville, NC. Dawn has experience providing consulting and social media management for small to medium-sized businesses, including Asheville artists, as well as artists and galleries from her prior hometown at the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This episode applies to all businesses looking to increase their exposure on Facebook, not just to artists. Much of the discussion does use the art business as an example, but can be easily translated to any other type of business, too.
During our conversation, Dawn shared so generously that I broke the interview into two episodes. For the most part, this episode does stand alone from Part 1, but I do encourage you to listen to Dawn’s first episode, even if you go back to it later. There are so many marketing tips in that episode. Part 1 covers the importance of creating a Facebook page for your business separate from your personal profile page, as well as best practices for managing the page. Plus, if you own a business, Dawn’s talk on branding in Part 1 is not to be missed!
Here is the audio for Dawn Chitwood, Part 2
Connect with Dawn and learn more about her work:
- Check out her website at http://bravadocreative.com
- Like her company’s Facebook page by visiting http://facebook.com/gobravado
Highlights of this Interview, Dawn Chitwood Part 2
- Why Dawn recommends businesses do advertising on Facebook
- Dawn’s detailed tips about the best way to structure Facebook ads
- When you can do-it-yourself and when it would really be best to consult with a social media expert
- What to look at if you are not getting the response to your ads that you are looking for
- How to deal with negative feedback on Facebook
Links for Dawn Chitwood’s Interview
- Most links from this interview were actually mentioned during and provided in the show notes for Dawn Chitwood Part 1
- In the current episode, Dawn mentions “Jen.” She is referring to her client, Asheville jewelry artist Jen Aly. Dawn talked about her work with Jen Aly more extensively in Part 1 (and the link is in the show notes for that episode).
For the Discussion Below
- If you have any experience with running ads on Facebook, I would love to hear how it went for you
- When a sponsored post on Facebook shows up in your news feed, do you give it consideration? Do you ever click on a sponsored post? Or do you view them merely as advertisements and scroll past them?
- Did you hear Dawn agree at the end of the episode to come back and speak on other social media topics? Weigh in on what you most need to hear her talk about next time!
- And of course, anything that you would like to comment on or ask about regarding the episode