Joining host Meredith Adler for this interview is Asheville’s own fine art appraiser, Terri Vano. Along with her training in art appraisal, Terri’s qualifications include an art history degree from UNC Charlotte and a background in conservation framing (she is a Certified Picture Framer through the Professional Picture Framer’s of America).
Listen in and learn what makes art valuable!
Highlights of this interview include
- when is an art appraisal necessary?
- what documentation to have to make the job of the art appraiser easier
- how to choose an art appraiser
- how does an art appraiser determine value?
- the difference between an authenticator and an appraiser
- how framing affects the value of a painting
- how to know what an emerging artist’s work is worth
- art as investment
- why oil paintings on canvas should never be closed in with backing paper!
To Connect with Terri Vano
- Visit her website at http://www.vanofineartappraisal.com
- Visit her at the downtown Asheville location of the Frugal Framer where she works as the manager
Other links mentioned
- Haywood County Arts Council
- American Society of Appraisers
- Jennifer Pearson’s interview on Episode 9 of Local Hearted