This week’s guest is Jennifer Pearson, owner of the Frugal Framer and Framer’s Chop Service at 95 Cherry Street in Asheville, North Carolina and Frugal Framer’s second location at 2145 Hendersonville Road in Arden.
Many of us who are lucky enough to have discovered her business fondly refer to the Framer’s Chop Service as “The Chop Shop,” ironically removing the word service from the name. Jennifer is, indeed, providing quite the service to local artists by supplying us with affordable, high-quality frames and framing supplies. And artists who frame 2D or 3D work know that the right frame can make all the difference in the presentation of a piece.
This episode has something to offer anyone with framing needs, whether you have already discovered the Frugal Framer or not. If you are already one of Jennifer’s customers, you may find that she and her very helpful staff offer way more than you realized. Plus, you will have the opportunity to better get to know this kind, welcoming woman who works with you when you enter the Chop Shop or the Frugal Framer.
If you listen, you will learn, as I did, how much Jennifer cares about ensuring Asheville and WNC artists present our work at its best!
Highlights of this interview include:
- the differences between the Frugal Framer and the Framer’s Chop Service, to help you understand which might be best for you
- the history of how artists came to be served so generously by this business
- items the Frugal Framer has worked with that you might never have thought of framing
- learning that Jennifer is an artist herself. In this interview, you will hear her explain that she is not presently active with her art, but she also gave permission for some of her paintings to be displayed below!
Links for this episode:
- Frugal Framer
- Framer’s Chop Service
- Nan Sherry, the artist whose work appears in the framing example above
Public view of the Framer’s Chop Service
Behind the Scenes
Original Watercolor Paintings by Jennifer Pearson: