Dawn Chitwood is the Marketing Director for Bravado Creative, a full-service digital marketing company located in the heart of downtown Asheville. I invited Dawn on the show to speak about two topics: the services her company provides for other businesses, and how artists can best use Facebook as a marketing tool.
As a bonus, if you have ever felt puzzled by the term “branding,” Dawn’s talk about branding is the best I have ever heard–be puzzled no longer!
Dawn has experience providing social media consulting and management for small to medium-sized businesses, including Asheville artists, as well as artists and galleries from her prior hometown on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Dawn’s interview is applicable to all businesses, not just to artists, and it is chock full of valuable marketing tips!
I was blown away by this woman’s dynamic presentation and all the information she shared! In fact, Dawn shared so generously that in the end, I decided to break this interview into two episodes.
In this episode, Part I, Dawn Chitwood joins Local Hearted host Meredith Adler to discuss services her agency offers and how to set up and manage a business page on Facebook, keeping in mind your company’s branding.
Next week, in Dawn Chitwood Part II, Dawn continues the Facebook discussion with a nuts-and-bolts look at how to do advertising on Facebook (and how you can make this avenue of advertising cost effective even for your small to medium-sized business).
Highlights of this episode include:
- Dawn takes the often misunderstood term “branding your business” and is able to make the concept seem simple and relevant to what any small business needs to do
- A look at how Dawn has actually worked with artists and galleries to improve their digital presence and their results
- Do’s and don’ts for running your Facebook business page
Connect with Dawn and learn more about her work:
- Bravado Creative (Dawn’s digital marketing company located in the Flat Iron Building, downtown Asheville, NC)
- Like her company’s Facebook page by visiting https://www.facebook.com/gobravado
Local artists mentioned during this episode (their FB pages):
Other local business mentioned during this episode:
- Roots Hummus
- Main Street Burrito in Mars Hill, NC (the restaurant owned by Dawn Chitwood and her husband Mike Rivers) and the restaurant’s Facebook Page
Dawn’s artist and gallery clients from the Outer Banks of NC mentioned during this episode:
Meredith Adler’s opinion of an artist using Facebook effectively:
- Angela Alexander Art – although Angela was not mentioned during the interview, after talking with Dawn, I thought about who I follow on Facebook who does everything Dawn suggested, and Angela came to mind. She shares not only her own paintings, but also gives shout-outs to other artists and to visitors at her studio. Angela also shares about animal rescue, a cause dear to her heart.
Other links mentioned (non-local professionals using FB well, per Dawn):
- Kim Garst (marketing professional)
- Brenne Brown (researcher on vulnerability)
- Gary Vaynerchuk (marketing professional)